Friday, September 10, 2004

I know what I wrote the day before yesterday was pretty heavy; I don't have much to add to that today except I'm damn glad my husband chose to talk to me about things instead of letting things rot out into a stinky mess, which is what I've seen some marriages come to. Sartre made that stupid comment that hell is other people, but Alex P. Keaton pointed out that heaven is other people, too. Sartre was a wuss; I always liked Alex.

We are going on vacation to Costa Rica - we're leaving this Saturday. I don't know if I'll be able to post updates there; but I will write a trip report. And take some pictures if I can find the frickin power adapter for the camera. This vacation couldn't have been better timed.

I have taken to watching Sealab 2021 during Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network. I wish TiVo would just record Adult Swim in its entirety so I could check out other offerings. I have yet to see Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Anyways Sealab 2021 is the result of someone getting hold of the old Hanna Barbera animation cels from a forgettable 70's cartoon show and rearranging them, adding their own animation, and their own voices. It's pretty whacked.

Anyway, Jon and I have a lot of things to do before we leave. I'm trying to finish up 2 reviews and a bunch of work-related things before Saturday.

Oh yeah. Jon and I watched Club Dread, a silly horror movie spoof. I loved their Super Troopers meow, and this one almost played the horror angle straight so I think a lot of the humor went over everyone's head. Especially because of all those stupid Scary Movie films kind of set a very low standard. Yeah, I liked it. Besides, it had Bill Paxton in it playing a Jimmy Buffett wannabe/hasbeen.

Sample humor: "You had sex with a goat??" "Hey, we were kids!"

No comments: