Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Here's my latest review: The Munsters. My head still hurts.

Next up is Resident Evil: Special Edition. Booyah, I'm a masochist!

Roger Ebert has some good things to say about Keane, which he saw at the Telluride Film Festival:

Lodge Kerrigan, who makes films about lonely and isolated people, is back at Telluride for the third time with Keane, starring Damien Lewis as a schizophrenic man who drifts between being calm and functional, and raving in the streets. He is obsessed with a daughter he thinks was abducted.

Roger, darling; his name is spelled DamiAn, with an "a". Not that I've ever made that mistake. I hope you'll be able to survive the flood of angry emails from outraged gutter bunnies despite the fact you briefly praised his performance as "inward and intense".

I'm proud of myself for making a good judgement call during an AFF dive this weekend. We had this young student named J.J. whose mother is Korean but when he talks he talks with the Elvis-esqe Misssissippi accent. I am totally charmed. But anyway, he was all excited and nervous, and he got overloaded on his first jump.

After talking with him, I pass him onto level two despite the fact he technically failed. I passed him because he seemed so down on himself and I wanted to encourage him; level two is pretty much the same as level one and I thought he'd do a better job now that he knew what freefall is like. He nailed it.

He was so happy with that jump he went on and did levels 3, 4, and 5 that weekend. He would have done 6 and 7 but the winds were too high on Monday. So I'm thinking I made a good decision because instead of him leaving with failure on his mind, he's probably going to become a regular skydiver.

If he comes out again (he better!) I'm going to have to post his picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Laughed my HEAD OFF at the Munster's review. I always thought of the Munster's as a poor man's Addam's Family, but they each had their audience.