Sunday, September 26, 2004

As the Prop Turns

Above is the old skydiving joke about the dramas that take place at a drop zone.

By the time I had gotten to the drop zone Friday night, I had decided to leave well enough alone, which ended up being the wrong decision. Both Friday and Saturday I tried to just behave the way I always do, and I talked with her about everything but.

Everytime she so much at looked at Jon my guts roiled; by Saturday afternoon she left in tears. Jon told me she left because I spent so much of the weekend glaring at her. Oopsie.

I'll never win the Oscar for Best Actress. I am, however, a major contender this year for Best Drama Queen.

Look, I can't say I'm not happy with the outcome or that her not leaving wasn't a great relief. It just wasn't my finest moment. Yet, I feel so,... un guilty. Not even vaguely.

I'm going to email her; tell her to email me back or call me or come out to the drop zone to hash it out, like I should have in the first place.

By the way, I just submitted my latest review: Mean Girls; and I'm saying so without batting so much as an ironic eyelash.

No comments: