Monday, August 23, 2004

What an annoying weekend! It wasn't totally rainy both days so I had to be at the drip zone - I mean drop zone for the entire time. We managed to get one AFF level 1 in Sunday Afternoon. Sheesh! Both days it would look like it was going to clear up, then *poof!* rain.

The AFF was with a woman who was just perky to the point I wanted to smack her. I feel bad about feeling that way; she's a nice woman who did a great job. She scuba dives, hang glides, and is involved in the theater. I now know who took my share when God was handing out extroversion.

Saturday a lot of us went to a fellow jumper's house on Smith Lake. Most of us drove over; a few of us jumped into the lake via skydiving. Water jumps can be fun but it's a bitch drying out your gear. I chose to drove.

I made a cake for my husband. I tried to make my own buttercream frosting but that was a disaster. I bought storebought frosting; I also bought a bunch of those tiny tubes of cake decorating gel and I had everyone at the drop zone 'sign' the cake like they would a birthday card. Wish I had photographed it - highly amusing.

For my next review I get to do something more challenging - Prince's Purple Rain. I do not like Prince, never seen the movie. So watching this with an open mind will be interesting.

As for continuing the diet, my husband now has expressed interest in losing, so we've agreed to work on it together. So no radical diets this time, just plain old watching what we eat. We're hammering out a game plan as we speak. What the hell did we do before the days of Instant Messaging, Email, and cell phones?

No comments: