Friday, August 20, 2004

Dammit! Eric, no Bond for you, okay? Not a good idea! Helly sent me an article saying Eric Bana was trying to decide whether playing Bond would be good for his career. No! No, no, no, no no! It will not! Sean Connery managed to climb out from under that persona, but it took him a long time! Did it help Roger Moore's career? How about Timothy Dalton? Or the last Australian to play him, George Lazenby (and include me in the group of people who think On Her Majesty's Secret Service is one of the best Bond films out there)?

Mr. Bana; Eric, Darling: I realized that flighty but talented Steven Spielberg pushed the filming of your next project back, and that considering his track record it might never be made, but James Bond will be the kiss of death to your career. Unless you agree to play a Bond baddie. That has never hurt anyone's career, really! The bad guys always get to chew scenery - remember Chopper, where your character got shivved repeatedly and the absolutely incredible look of sadness and betrayal on your face? Damn, you were scary in that movie! Not to mention the absolute badass you played in Black Hawk Down.

*Sigh*. I'm in lust with you, so if you play Bond I'll be there opening day. Just don't tell me I didn't warn you.

Anyways. I mentioned I'm going to be reviewing movies for a movie site. I'm submitting my first review today; don't know when or if it will be posted. If I submit it I can't publish it here because of an agreement I signed. For the review, I watched Candyman, which was just released on DVD in a special edition. I haven't seen that movie since it was released, and I am happy to note it's still as creepy as when I first saw it.

No comments: