Friday, June 25, 2004

Hooray! My nose is working better today. That onion bagel tasted/smelled terrific; as did my Rooibos tea. I have this honking big bottle of moisturizing lotion next to my computer at work; it smells like coconut and I can actually tell.

The loss of smell is wierd - the only thing I can relate it to is like if you have a loud ringing in your ears blocking out other noises or if you have been out in the sun for too long and you come indoors and can only see things in your peripheral vision for a few moments.

A huge chunk of my after-work life has been taken up by Civilization III:Conquests, an add-on to Civ III which I bought Tuesday. I notice the developers added some things from Civ II, like bananas. Also the mountain chains might have volcanoes which might erupt during gameplay spreading pollution and killing workers/military units or city population. Also I get to build trebuchets, now. How nifty. Haven't had a chance to use one in battle yet but the Spanish are annoyed with me and are amassing troops near one of my cities. Jerks. We'll see how they like my crusaders marching on Madrid!

Pathetic. I bet if I added up all the hours I have played any of the Sid Meier games (Civs I,II,III; Alpha Centauri, Master of Magic and Colonization), I bet at least one year of my life total has been wasted. But they're so damn fun!!

Link o' the day: Cold Fusion Video, another b-movie site. The owner/operator is a devout Mormon. The only way I found out about that was by reading his blog. He also hosts Zombie Mart.

Nancy linked to an interesting site: Women for Women International. I want to read more about them before I fork over any dough, but they seem to be a good cause. Ordinary people get their lives ripped apart in war zones; women have that extra added bonus of getting raped. Not that you have to be in a war zone to be raped, but I digress. I am very fortunate to be an American.

No comments: