Monday, June 28, 2004

Boo! My allergies are back with a vengeance. My nose itches so bad it's bleeding. Icky. I will probably resume using Nasonex. And as Nancy pointed out to me, not being able to smell might help me with dieting.

After managing to maintain 130 for a long while, I have ballooned up to 143 this month. That's it, I can't take any more. Especially since my clothes are uncomfortable. Let the dieting commence (again)!

I had an uninteresting weekend. I did one AFF jump Saturday; it took a while for the clouds to clear but one of the Tennessee kids from last weekend showed up and did his level 2. He did a great job; hope he comes and jumps again.

Sunday morning was a complete wash, so we watched the South Park movie. Love the show; love the movie. Parker and Stone (who won my undying love when they showed up at the Oscars wearing dresses one year) skewer just about every group there is; but the movie seemed to kick Canada ass the hardest. Well, actually, it seems to strike the hardest at people who want to blame their problems on everything but themselves, but Canada receives a sound whoopin for some reason. And deservedly so! In the movie the Prime Minister insists they apologized for Bryan Adams, but I don't recall hearing that apology.

Then I whooped ass in Civ III. I was tricked into getting into wars with Spain and Greece (by India), but I let them so I could land-grab. So now it's just me (Persia), the Vikings, and India. And Ghandi is looking kind of nervous. Or maybe just greedy.

But I actually got to see a movie in a theater!Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I enjoyed it. I think it's the best of the 3 HP movies easily. It's also the first one I've seen since reading all the books, so I may be prejudiced. I wish that the movie would have explained some things; like why Harry's dad and 2 of his friends were Animagi (while one was a werewolf). Probably cut for time constraints - the damn thing is 2 hours and 21 minutes long as it is! Maybe it will be put in the DVD. Yes, the kids aren't going to win oscars, but I associate them pretty strongly with their roles now so I hope they continue. And yes, that hippogriff was an amazing piece of CGI (as was the whomping willow). Now I want to see the first 2 movies again.

No comments: