Thursday, May 13, 2004

Wet Thursday. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow, but the forecast isn't perfect. Oh, well; we're going to be renting a tent anyway.

We bought my present, a big honking charcoal grill. It's being 'seasoned' right now; I will be grilling the ribs for tomorrow tonight.

I'm getting amped up for Troy. I'd go see a costume epic no matter who is in it, but this movie has a great cast including listee Eric Bana.

Now there's an interesting contrast. I have no idea what attracts me to a man. Physically, Bana and Damian Lewis have nothing in common. Jeez, I need to post pictures. Lewis is an old blood Brit; tall, lanky, red haired and blue eyed, with the freckled white skin to match. Bana is the muscularly built son of Croatian and German immigrants (he was born in Australia); swarthy with dark hair and brown eyes. Lewis attended Eaton, went to college and is a classically trained actor. Bana graduated high school, he's a motorhead who has a knack for impressions and became a stand-up comic before deciding to act. Lewis is a notorious boozer and slamhound; Bana's a devoted family man (I have yet to see/read an interview with him where he hasn't mentioned his family).

These two have *nothing* in common whatsoever, except that they are both damn good, under-appreciated actors. And they make my ovaries flutter. You know, that sounds painful.

Nothing much else to comment on today; I am purposefully staying away from political commentary. Blah. Not that my little highschool girl crushes hold much interest. Well, let me put it this way: thinking about a cute actor makes me happy (among other things). Thinking about politicians gets me pissed. I'd rather be happy than pissed. If you want to know why America seems obsessed with bullshit instead of things that matter, you don't have to look much further than this paragraph.

I need to change the name of my blog. I'm trying to think of something catchy. Hope you like the new design.

No comments: