Thursday, May 27, 2004

Rolled in from another town,
hit some gold too hot to settle down.
But a fool and his money soon go separate ways
and you found a fool lyin' in a daze.
Ha Ha woman what you gonna do,
you destroyed all the virtues that the Lord gave you.
It's so good that you're feelin' pain,
but you better get your face on board the very next train.
Evil Woman,...


Yikes! Jon and I spent 6 hours with Jack Bauer last night. Poop is a happenin, including the return of the Evil Women. That's one thing I love about the show; both of the protagonists have women antagonists who are downright scary. President Palmer's wife is rightly referred to as "Lady MacBeth" at Television Without Pity. What a power-mad, manipulative, harridan! I really like her. I mean, I like to hate her. Then there's Our Lady of the Perpetual Bad Hair Day, (that's mine, not TWoP's), bleep, who bleeped bleep's -oh, hell. If you don't want to be spoiled, go elsewhere. Nina is a cold, ruthless, mercenary badass. Can't wait to see where they are going with her character. Maybe she'll kill Kim and gain 24's devoted followers complete love and admiration.

By the way, if you don't recognize those lyrics, you probably missed the 70's. I used to love ELO. Now I can't stand them. I can sing along with any of their songs, though. Even some of the really obscure shite off of their first 3 albums. I was amused by how many adverts all of a sudden started using "Mr. Blue Sky" a while back (including the ads for Adaptation which was really strange because that song wasn't in the movie).

Today we found a squirrel, 2 robins, a duck, and a moose in the pool. I'm kidding; only the usual assortment of spiders and bugs in the skimmer. One of these days I'm going to actually have to swim in it...

No comments: