Wednesday, May 26, 2004

The post office *finally* coughed up the first disk of 24, season 2. Or as one forum wittily put it, the Jack Bauer Power Hour. That guy has one really long, rough day once a year. Think God has it out for him? Apparently; it just got renewed for a 4th season. This season has Jack running around L.A. looking for a nuclear bomb. I liked it in the first ep where he kills a man to get close to a suspect. He responds to Mason's shock with something like "you guys want results but you never want to get your hands dirty." Heh. He just put the black into black ops. Mason's still a spineless creep; Tony still looks put-upon. And Kim's still whiny, but she's a chip off the old block when it comes to action. And Democrat, schmemocrat. I'd vote for someone with President Palmer's integrity, any election year.

Pulled out of our Dead Pool the other day: a big fat hairy dead rat. Can someone explain why some rat would all of a sudden try to go swimming? Maybe he was just leaning over for a drink and he slipped. Still, ewww.

Acid reflux is now under control. I'm taking Prilosec right now. Nothing like burning up your own esophagus. About a year ago I had an endoscopy to see if I had a hiatal hernia. Thank goodness, no. The doctor put me under and when I woke up, I remember being incredibly happy. That was some awesome anaethetic! Unlike the time I had my wisdom teeth removed and I woke up depressed and crying. It could have been the pain, though.

I have a friend whose sister just got into a car wreck. She had a head on collision with another car, and she was high. Plus the police found drugs in her car. I wish drugs were legal, but they're *not*; and they are a stupid, stupid way or ruining your life. I'm not talking about addiction, I'm talking about legality. I hope the other driver pulls through; otherwise we're looking at vehicular homicide. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Happy belated birthday to Nancy. Hope the kid settles down soon. She wrote about her kid's tantrums on her blog recently; I went and found my onery, decrepit old kitty and gave her a lot of pets out of gratitude.

I am still going to the gym. I loathe the cardio stuff. Still love the weight lifting, though. Why, oh why does food taste so damn yummy?

No comments: