Friday, May 21, 2004

A love that's love and not fade away

My body decided to give me a 40th birthday present: My acid reflux has returned with a vengeance. I won't go into gross anatomical detail; let's just say I know how John Hurt felt in Alien

Guess what I saw Wednesday night? It is in reference to the Buddy Holly quote above. Yep, I actually saw the series end of Angel. Quit now lest ye be spoiled.

Anyway, I was channel surfing, and saw Angel talking to Leslie. I didn't recognize the episode; then I realized it was season 5! I checked the TiVo guide - it claimed I was watching a show called "I got sucked into an airplane engine, but I'm still alive!!" You think I'm kidding.

I cried when Wesley died. I always like the resident weenie, and he made a good one. Goodbye, rogue demon-hunter! My first thought was he died ineffectually, but on the other hand he did something remarkable by creating feelings in Ilyria. Her concern for him made her show up and finish the job he was supposed to do (in spectacular fashion!). I also realize that what remains of Team Angel don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell, but with a grief-stricken Ilyria plus a Hamilton-charged Angel, maybe they stand a teeny chance. One consoling thought I have is that there is indeed a Heaven in the Buffyverse.

And I'm so glad that William the Bloody finally found an appreciative audience for his poetry.

And in honor of Spike, heres my word of the day:

effulgent
SYLLABICATION: ef·ful·gent
ADJECTIVE: Shining brilliantly; resplendent.
ETYMOLOGY: Latin effulgns, effulgent-, present participle of effulgre, to shine out : ex-, ex- + fulgre, to shine;

No comments: