Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Arg. Back in the grind after a mini-vacation. Have I mentioned to you lately that I don't like my job?

I see my kitty filled you in on the pertinent details of Friday's party. No one called the cops, so I guess we didn't get too loud. Not much to add; I received some pretty kewl loot, including an assortment of dried peppers, 2 bottles of Merlot, a bunch of Guinness, and some books. And a really nifty photo album one of our skydivers put together for me. Man I wish I could post photos.

Saturday I managed to get my 1000th jump. Yay! I finally made it. I got pied for my efforts. It is a skydiving tradition to get a face full of whip cream - nay, my body was coated in sweet sticky goo. Bleah. Drank too much again; I'm going to have to cut back soon.

I did nothing on Sunday and I loved it! I did drag out Civilization III and whupped up on India, France, and Greece for a while. I'd rather not whup up on the Romans, Germans, or Japanese. They're mean! Although a pissed-off Mahatma Ghandi is a sight to behold.

Monday I did my 1001th jump. Jon, Steve, Harold and I did a demonstration jump into the Huntsville International Airport. One of the runways had been extended in a project to allow really super heavy planes to land and the jump was part of the opening ceremony. The runway is now over 13,000 feet long. You know, that's as long as our altitude for skydives. Damn that's a lot of tarmac!

Jon is always harping on his demo jumpers to look and act professional. So what happens? He is standing next to Steve during a photo op moment (a cutting of a banner) and he responds to something Steve says by saying "Steve, you are *so* gay!" And guess who is standing behind him biting her tongue? The mayor of Huntsville!

We finally finished season 1 of 24! I had no idea bleep was the mole! And oh my god poor bleep! I am glad bleep is dumping bleep, though. What a power-hungry bleep! I'm looking forward to season 2. We better find out what was up with bleep the mole; they didn't exactly fill in the details when bleep shot bleep.

Bleep this. I have some work to do. Have I mentioned to you lately that I don't like my job?

No comments: