Thursday, April 15, 2004

Last night's stupid movie was a stupid Vietnam war movie The Boys in Company C. It's a lot more lame than I remember - I don't think I've seen it since it first came out (in 1978!). Matter of fact, the only thing I found interesting about this movie is that Lee Ermey was in it as yes, a marine drill instructor. This movie predates Full Metal Jacket by 9 years and this movie was his first role.

Other than Lee Ermey, the only other bright point was the main character was a black man who *didn't* die. Everyone in this movie, however, needs to attend Overactor's Anonymous meetings. Except for Ermey. I love him just the way he is. Yes, I watch Mail Call on the Hitler Channel all the time.

Bad blood
Is takin' you for a ride
The only thing good about bad blood
Is lettin' it slide


I have a soft spot for That 70's Show. My favorite characters are Eric Foreman's parents, Kitty and Red. Especially Kitty. She endeared me during an episode where Eric went with her to work. It was 'take your son to work' day at school, but Red had been laid off so Eric went to the hospital where Kitty was employed as a nurse. He was rattled by how different his mother was and how tough the work could be. He freaks somewhat at a dead body. At the end of the ep as he and Kitty were driving home, Eric tries to ask her how she could stand it, do her work, day in and day out. Kitty is singing along with an Elton John (okay, Neil Sedaka) song I haven't heard in *years* (Bad Blood) and instead of answering nudges him into sing along with her.

My mom's a nurse - or was, but now she's retired. It was a good scene - Eric (and I) developed some strong respect for Kitty.

No comments: