Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Bleah! Sinus headaches. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yes, I did skydive. 8 jumps in, 4 with my brother. I'm really enjoying teaching him my sport. Maybe because he's competent. I get impatient with people who don't listen to what I'm saying.

I went home Sunday, took some sinus medication, and curled up on the couch with Books 2 and 3 of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. Since TiVo automatically records anything with my top 10 actors in it (man, am I getting tired of deleting Armageddon!), I put the tv on and played Band of Brothers (showing on the Hitler channel) on in the background; looking up only at the really interesting bits. There's a lot of interesting bits so I think I read maybe 6 chapters.

Stayed home Monday, still suffering (but hey; I still had plenty of sinus medication, books, and BoB episodes to keep me company). When Jon got home, we bought chinese take-out, and watched Cabin Fever, a stupid horror movie.

5 college students vacation during a break in a cabin in the woods. Stop me if you've heard this one before. A stranger with some horrible flesh-eating disease stumbles into their camp and begs them to help. Because he is spewing up blood, however, they chase him off (after conveniently ruining their truck). One by one these students contract the disease, and the locals aren't much help.

First off, all the students are jerks. I especially wanted the jock to die, and he did (yay!). Oops, hope I didn't spoil anything for you. Matter of fact, he dies, she dies; everybody dies! One guy doesn't contract the illness - and as he dances out of the cabin in joy, I realize the stupid son of a bitch has *not* seen Night of the Living Dead. Still, I had to shout "Just DIE all ready!" two or three times before someone obliged and whacked the bastard.

Best seen with low expectations and a black sense of humor. And a tolerance for flesh-eating bacteria.

No comments: