Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Chest and Triceps day. I do like the new gym; it is about a mile from our house so when it gets warmer I may just run to the gym for my cardio. There's a pretty park on the way with a running trail, as well.

I didn't do any jumping last weekend; the weather sucked. We did have a chili cookoff which I'm embarrassed to say I won. Embarrassed because as an owner of the drop zone I should have disqualified myself. But I won a spiffy tee-shirt so screw them.

It's also embarrassing because my recipe is so damn simple. Chili is nothing but ground beef stew.

I finally crossed a border I hoped I would never have to cross. I got a cell phone. Now I have to remember to carry the damn thing with me. I bought the cheapest thing I could find and it still has more features than I'll ever bother learning about, including a color display.

Top 10 Songs I Would Set Myself on Fire Just So I Wouldn't Have to Listen to Them Again:

10: Cracklin' Rosie Neil Diamond

I know every lyric to every Neil Diamond song and it's my parents fault.

Oh I love my Rosie child
You got the way to make me happy
You and me, we go in style
Cracklin' Rose you're a store bought woman
But you make me sing like a guitar hummin'
So hang on to me girl, our song keeps runnin' on...
Play it now-ow, play it now-ow, play it now my baby


I should sue them for child abuse.

9: Dancing Queen Abba

Arg.

8: (Everything I Do) I do it for You Bryan Adams

A soul-sucking song I associate with a soul-sucking movie: Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Exacerbated by my husband's love of Bryan Adams AND Kevin Costner.

7: Staying Alive Bee Gees

Falsetto Disco Shite. I should sue my sister for sibling abuse for this one.

6: Billy Don't be a Hero Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods.

Double Arg.

5: Turn the Page Bob Seger

Mournful saxophone over Seger's whining about being a rock star. Oh, you poor man! If you can't stand being on the road, get a real fucking job!!!

4: Juke Box Hero Foreigner

I have a lot of hated memories from my teen years, Foreigner is one of them.

3: Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin Journey

Journey is another. At least I could laugh at Loverboy!

2: Safety Dance Men Without Hats

When the U.S. Army Rangers are sent to flush me out of my well-fortified compound, the Psy-ops guys will crank this up and play it night and day. I'll crack well before 24 hours are up and they can shoot me down as I run out of the compound screaming at the top of my lungs. It will be a mercy at that point.

1: Come on Eileen Dexy's Midnight Runners

Oh my god this song sucks. How the *hell* did it become a top-40 hit? It has a fiddle AND a banjo! Who is to blame? Tura lura kiss my big fat cellulitic ass!

What can I say? Music makes me passionate.

No comments: