Tuesday, January 20, 2004

For some reason my husband wanted to do chest and triceps today at the gym. Any change in routine always upsets me until I think about it. It’s no big deal.

I ran a bit better – 1.96 miles in 20 minutes.

I increased weight on everything and am doing 3 sets of 10 reps:
Bench Press – 80 lbs, decline dumbbell press – 20 lbs, chest fly – 10 lbs.
Assisted Dip w/ 60lbs assistance, tricep pulldown 45 lbs, tricep Flat bar pulldown 60 lbs.

Jon and I closed on a new house in Hartselle Friday afternoon. We will move at the end of the month. I just want it to be over with!

I read up more on INTP’s. Here are some amusing excerpts:

Indeed, most primary interests of an INTP are things which he cannot fully understand, usually because they are highly complex or have some exotic, mystical element that does not yield to analysis. This is the real reason why INTPs are drawn to complexity: anything simple is too quickly understood and cannot hold the fascination for long.

Yep, that’s me. Thoroughly explore something nifty then move on.

INTPs hate to think of themselves being in any way inadequate, at least in areas that are important to them. So, as soon as he puts himself behind some task, then he must achieve competency. But that is as far as it goes.

Guilty as charged.

INTP's put great weight on being individuals and essentially different from other people, who they often view as being too alike and too interdependent.

Mea culpa.

All opinions must get filtered through an analysis procedure to test for viability. No title or claim of being an "expert" carries any weight with an INTP. All people, big or small, are subject to an identical scrutiny. The INTP sees himself as the independent arbiter, whether a fair claim or not. However, when someone has proved his credentials through having sensible opinions, he will be afforded great respect by the INTP. Most respected of all are those who are not only sensible but also innovative. Intelligence is above all highly prized.

Mea maxima culpa.

Independence, derived primarily from strongly introverted Thinking, leads to perhaps the most difficult aspect (for others) of the INTP, namely stubbornness.

Ha ha ha ha! Just ask my husband.

The preference for intuitive perception means that INTPs dislike having their lives planned. They feel a distinct unease before most fixed appointments and cannot fully relax until the scheduled event is over, or at least in progress.

Sheesh! I feel like someone pegged me to a wall. Some aspects of this analysis ring more strongly than others, but it more or less is accurate.

Anyhow. I didn’t watch anything special yesterday; Jon and I finished watching the Sci-Fi Network production of Dune. Well, it was better than David Lynch’s fiasco, but even in the miniseries format too much information was glossed over. I spent way too much time explaining things to Jon and I only knew them because I read the book 20 times when I was a kid.

I didn’t much like the lead. I don’t remember Paul Atreides being such a whiny jerk. I may need to reread the book. At least he didn’t have Kyle McLachlan’s 80’s hair.

I kind of miss the loopyness of Lynch’s epic. The very nature of the story provided some cheesy goodness, but this new version just wasn’t as entertaining. I’m sure I’m not the only one during the fight between Paul and Feyd Harkonnen who shouted out “I WILL kill him!” at the top of my lungs.

Hell. And I enjoyed the hell out of the SciFi network’s Battlestar Galactica remake.

Ooh! My brother lent me his copy of The Gamers, a short low-budget film suitable only for people who spent their Friday nights in the dorms rolling dice with their buddies. I am sorry to say I laughed my ass off. Highly recommended to any Dungeons and Dragons geek; all other avoid.

The Dead Gentlemen are now producing a full length film : The Gamers, 2nd Edition. Argh!

No comments: