Friday, July 01, 2011

El Paso, Texas


Downtown El Paso, Texas, originally uploaded by Paul Garland.

I don't want to be fired so I don't talk about my job here. But, I just spent the last week in El Paso, Texas on a business trip. What can I say? I'm glad I've tried to be helpful to the site implementers (they install and customize our software) over the years because I met a few of them and I finally got to attach some faces to email addresses. I couldn't do their job. They are constantly on the road and they spend ungodly amounts of time working.

El Paso was hot. Really hot. 112 degrees hot. And brown. And really, really close to Juarez, a very dangerous city. I ate some pretty good food. It was nice not to fight cats for some bed space. I missed Brenden, who lost another tooth.

I am worn out right now. We're going camping this weekend. I want to find a nice shady rock to crawl under for about a month.

3 comments:

Lisa Erin said...

Boy, do I hear ya about the rock...if there's another one available nearby let me know...

Try to stay cool.

Anonymous Me said...

Cool, a business trip! I was in the El Paso Greyhound station once, at midnight or so, and that's all I know of El Paso. A friend of mine was living there for awhile when her husband got stationed there - she said it felt very calm and safe, despite its proximity to Juarez.

What does the tooth fairy pay these days in Alabama? Does Brenden have much concept of money yet? (It's a dollar a tooth here.)

Topcat said...

You too, Lisa. I remember Southeast Georgia summers.

I don't remember what Jon said he gave Brenden. I gave B $20 for his first tooth because there was severe trauma involved and I was feeling guilty. B kinda sorta gets money - he understands that if he has money he can buy things and loves handing money to the cashier at the stores.