Thursday, January 20, 2011

Overkill is Underrated


IMG_4216, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

We may have the planes sold - at least the guy buying them gave us a significant deposit and will pay the rest in a week or so. The holdup is paperwork - Jon just payed off the note which means the bank has to notify the FAA who are notorious for snail-like behavior. Seriously, they make the post office look like it's staffed with cheetahs.

After a long stretch of not really watching anything, we watched 3 movies on 3 successive nights. I've already raved about Inception - we watched Despicable Me on Tuesday and it was a good CGI cartoon about an evil villain who adopts 3 orphans to help with his nefarious plans to steal the moon. Last night I finally got to watch The A-Team, and man it was stupid. This movie is exactly the type of crap William Goldman was railing against. There is no way in heck I can completely dislike any movie with Liam Neeson in it though (Krull being the one exception). I also loved the show way back when so sue me, I liked it.

A new episode of Fringe is on (YAY!) Friday night (the Timeslot of Doom.BOO!).

4 comments:

Lisa Erin said...

Even the remake of 'The Haunting'?! Even Neeson walked out of the premiere of that one!

Unknown said...

Lisa:

Ha, I'd totally forgotten about that stinker! Yeah, that's a horrible movie. It does, however have one saving grace: Owen Wilson's death scene is awesomely funny!

Hope I didn't spoil anything for anyone.

Anonymous Me said...

I thought Despicable Me was surprisingly sweet and fun to watch. I have no plans to watch the A-Team, so you can spoil all you want.

I love this picture of Brenden!

Lisa Erin said...

Yeah, that was pretty durn funny. I saw it in the theater with a couple of friends opening week. With all of the laughter in the place you would've thought we were watching a comedy film. Well, we were (hah), but not an intentional one. I just tell people to see the original.