Monday, December 20, 2010

Loading the Magic


Loading the Magic, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

The drop zone has been sold. Jon spent the last weekend there and worked as a pilot - he seemed to enjoy the fact that every problem was Not His Problem.

Now if we could just sell the King Airs.

Brenden is doing fine - I'm glad school's out for Christmas break. He seems to be getting bored with the whole school thing. The next 12 years are going to be fun.

For Brenden's spring break, we're doing another Disney cruise. I really enjoyed the one we did last year.

I really don't have much to write about, and I'm sorry for the dearth of updates.

I will say this about What I'm Watching: I finally got through all the episodes of The Walking Dead. It's pretty bleak, that's all I'm saying. I like the old guy the best. Hope he doesn't become dinner any time soon.

Also, I was talking with my brother and he agrees with me: Fringe has rapidly gone from a "hey it's on, might as well watch" show to the best thing on TV since X-Files / Buffy / Battlestar Galactica / Lost was cancelled. Really, the third season so far has been a wonderful payoff for sticking with the series. So naturally Fox has moved it to Friday Night, the slot where TV shows go to die. Thanks a pantload, Fox! By the way, when Fringe comes back at the end of January, the first episode is appropriately named "Firefly".

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Okay, I'll start watching Fringe. You sold me. :-) Have seen the British series Survivors? It only survived (ha ha) for two seasons, but it was great - I think you would like it. As the characters developed, the story became addictive. I'm watching The Sarah Connor Chronicles now, season 2.