Monday, October 25, 2010

Action!Brenden


IMG_0064, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Whoa, no updates for a while. Sorry you had to keep looking at creepy fish photo so here's one of my kid. Now a quick summary since I last updated:

1) Brenden's first report card was good - only one 'needs improvement' and that was counting to 20. Sometimes he forgets '14'.
2) Jon jumped off a bridge again this year.
3) I have new glasses. 2 pair - one for driving and one for reading. I'm not willing to wear bifocals yet.
4) I'm not enjoying Civilization V which is a shame, but I love Fallout:New Vegas
5) That reminds me: I bought a new computer! Someone else built it.
6) Brenden is going as a ninja for Halloween.

Well that was interesting. Here's something I lifted from Nancy:

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? "Holy crap, that belly is squishy."

2. How much cash do you have in your wallet right now? Zip.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? ROAR

4. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? Jon. I don't even have to look.

5. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? Silent mode.

6. What are you wearing right now?
Blue jeans, tan tee shirt.

7. Do you label yourself? I don't have a label maker.

8. Name the brand of the shoes you currently own? New Balance

9. Bright or Dark Room? Dark, unless I'm reading.

10. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? Smart, funny, caring - where's that label maker?

11. What does your watch look like? Black digital sportswatch.

12. What were you doing at midnight last night? Trying to sleep.

13. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? "Sweet..." from Jon, in response to my message that our voter reg cards had come in the mail. We're voting next Tuesday on the most important issue ever: whether or not to allow alcohol sales within our city limits. We're voting "HELL YES" (like you had to ask)

14. What's a word that you say a lot? "Shit"

15. Who told you he/she loved you last?(please exclude spouse , family, children) My cat. He may have been saying "pet me or die" but everyone knows that means the same thing.

16. Last furry thing you touched? Well of course I petted my cat!

17. Favourite age you have been so far? 32. That's when I started skydiving.

18. What was the last thing you said to someone? "Hey, Richard".

19.The last song you listened to? "Maggie... and the ferocious beast!" Nick Jr is my life.

20. Where did you live in 1987? Statesboro, Georgia. I didn't even have to change the answer.

21. Are you jealous of anyone? Not that I can think of.

22. Is anyone jealous of you? Lol, I don't think so!

23. Name three things that you have on you at all times? My wallet, my watch, my cell phone.

24. What’s your favourite town/city? Cruz Bay, St. John.

25. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? I helped Brenden write something to his abuela a year or so ago.

26. Can you change the oil on a car? Yes, but haven't done so since my Pinto died a noble death.

27. Your first love/big crush: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? He died of Alzheimer's. Let's just leave it at that.

28. Does anything hurt on your body right now? Thanks to modern medication, that migraine that was developing has dissipated so no.

29.What is your current desktop picture? Cruz Bay, St. John.

30. Have you been burnt by love? Yes, but in retrospect it was no big deal. I mean I learned a lot from the experience and harbor no ill will towards anyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

When you talk about vacationing in St. John, I'm kind of jealous of you. :-)

I looked at that fish every day, and he was beginning to haunt my dreams. Goodbye creepy fish face.

Topcat said...

Lol, Nancy - I hope some day you can see my favorite corner of the world.

Your blobby fish was cute but it was wierding me out, too. That thing's deep in what the TV Tropes folks call the "uncanny valley".