Thursday, April 29, 2010

Enjoying the sun


Enjoying the sun, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

What I'm Watching: Same old stuff.

V: This series isn't doing much for me, except it's nice to see Nicolas Lea again, and every time I see Elizabeth Mitchell I miss Juliet from Lost. Speaking of...

Lost: 3 Episodes to go. I have some ideas, but it's fun to have no real idea of what will happen.

American Idol: Unless she really hoses it, Crystal Bowersox had this in the bag by the second ep of the final 24. I like her singing. I wish she would quit getting lippy with the judges.

Fringe: We've only watched one episode since it returned, and despite the nifty 1985 logo and theme song the ep was a royal bummer. There's nothing like watching a nice, sick kid die onscreen! It made me feel bad for the mad scientist more than I already do.

24 Since it's the last season, Jack Bauer should really spend these last 4 hours breaking Tony out of jail and the two of them could go on a roarin' rampage of revenge. It could be a combination of Thelma and Louise, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The body count would be staggering. And gratifying, considering all the morons, asshats, and dweebs the two of them have had to put up with the last 8 years.

Also and speaking of: President Taylor? Laura Roslin would have eaten your lunch. AND she would have airlocked ex-president Logan before he got his first conspiracy out of his bag of tricks. Where's Logan's ex-wife when you need her? Somebody needs another stabbing.

4 comments:

Lisa Erin said...

Was wondering how 'V' was shaping up...I did watch the first series mainly because it was such a flaming sack of crap. Did have Ironsides in it. (Have I ever told you my Michael Ironsides story?) Wasn't very hopeful about this one, so didn't try it out.

I really dug '24' when I watched it. I fell out of step with it for a little over a season and didn't venture back. Hope they end it well. One of the better series in the past several years.

I never really got into 'Fringe' as it ran opposite something else I watched...don't recall what the 'something else' was.

'Lost' I'm toughing out. It lost me a few times during the run, but I expended the energy to try it again. I have my issues with it (and Glenn definitely has a number of his), but I'm sticking with it to see how everything pans out. If it ends the way I think it's going to I will be directing a huge raspberry at the TV screen.

'Tis pleasantly sunny here, too. (Something you won't hear me say often...don't dig the sun much.) The cool breezes help. Enjoy! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa:

I haven't heard your Micheal Ironsides story and I'd love to! I hate to admit how often I have watched 'Starship Troopers' and 'Scanners' (he was the best thing about both of them, of course).

A lot of people feel that way about 'Lost': just gritting their teeth and holding on to get to the end. Since I don't have BSG to obssess over any more I've come to love 'Lost'. Every time I see Kate on the screen though I get to really, REALLY missing Juliet, though.

After such a suck-ass winter I'm getting as much sun as I can stand...

-Sandy

Lisa Erin said...

Yeah, Kate ain't my fave on 'Lost'. I think that's been a deterrent for me...the characters I don't care for out number the ones I do. (Funny side note-I watch 'Supernatural' regularly and the guy who plays Jacob on 'Lost' plays Lucifer (the devil/Satan) on 'Supernatural'.)

My Michael Ironsides story...we had a production of the play 'Danny and the Deep Blue Sea' running at the theater I was involved with. One night two gents show up to see one of the actors perform and low and behold one of them was Michael Ironsides. I smoked at the time, so at intermission I headed out the front door to grab a smoke. There was Mr. Ironsides sitting on the bench (can't remember now if he was smoking, too...anyway...). We were the only two people there at the moment. I glanced over at him as he glanced over at me, and I said "DARYL REVIC!" Thankfully he laughed. We chatted for a few until it was time to go back into the theater. He was extremely nice. :)

It's still been sunny and cool here. Enjoying it while it lasts. It has been humid, but with the cooler temps it's not as tough to deal with as the hot humidity of summer. That'll be here soon enough. Ugh...

Unknown said...

Lisa:

I love that story! Why is it the actors who play the more evil / badass / tough guy roles come across as the nicest ones in the industry?