Monday, April 26, 2010

Batter up


IMG_4805, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

This weekend was uneventful even though the weather forecasters were all running around screaming "ZOMG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!". I do realize some people were hammered that hard on Saturday but we were just soaked thoroughly. There were no trees uprooted in the park so it was fairly tame weather for us.

Friday evening despite a little rain Brenden had his second Calvinball Tee Ball game and he did well. His attention was diverted the first inning because he had to use the bathroom and let everyone in viewing distance know this fact much to the detriment of his father's blood pressure. I marched him to the bathroom as soon as the inning was over.

Here's some more of our league's Tee Ball rules: An inning consists of everyone on the team batting, no matter the outs. The games run 45 minutes or 2 innings. Hitting the tee-ball stand with the bat is a foul. Runners can be tagged out or forced out. I'm not sure if a force out is impossible if there is no one on the base behind the runner. I also doubt there's an infield fly rule.

Any ways Brenden got a hit both times at bat and did good running to the other bases. He played the pitcher's position the first inning and first base the second. He showed some defensive skills with the last batter from the other team hit - the bases were loaded and since it was the last hitter no matter what the coach had them run the bases. Brenden caught the ball and tagged out the last 3 runners one by one as they ran home.

So Saturday Brenden and I went stir-crazy watching the rain and finally for one hour before sundown the sun came out and we played in the mud in the front yard. Sunday I did yardwork while Brenden got himself muddy again. That was our weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

When are you going to take him to a Braves game? We should do that together some time. I like these T-Ball descriptions. I bet he's always going to excel at sports.

Unknown said...

Going to a Braves game sounds like a great idea! We should try to find a Saturday game in late September. Would you believe I've never been to Turner Field?

Brenden I think would excel at sports but I worry he inherited my total lack of stick-to-it. Time will tell...