Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Low Crawl of Winter


IMG_3669, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Ugh. I've had a migraine for two days now. Blech. Or maybe it was because Jon and I watched the season premiere of Lost last Sunday and I'm still trying to get my brain around it. I guess I'll avoid spoilers, but it was sad to see all those dead people.

Brenden and I play a lot of the Wii Lego Indiana Jones game together. There are some tough puzzles in that one!

Even though Bioshock II came out today, I'm re-playing Fallout 3 yet again. I had to try the Point Lookout add-on, and it was kind of disappointing. Mothership Zeta remains my favorite. I do like having an axe for a melee weapon, though. Whee!

Is Fox trying to kill Fringe? They show a couple of eps here and there then take it off the air for a month or so. Way to kill any momentum.

Caprica needs more exploding robots.

5 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Hope your migraine has gone.

Is Fringe a good one? I watched a couple of eps on hulu, and I guess I was expecting the X-Files. The characters didn't seem too interesting. Did it get better?

Anthony just got Lego Indiana Jones for the DS. He loves it. I can't wait to actually show him that movie. He also has Lego Batman (DS) and Lego Star Wars (Wii), which is probably his fave of the Lego franchise video games.

Topcat said...

Hey Nancy:

After 3 days, it's finally gone.

Fringe still has underwhelming characters. I like Olivia, but she could use some sarcasm. Even Scully, the queen of introverted TV characters, managed to zing Mulder on occasion!

Brenden has Lego Star Wars for the Wii. I have yet to play that one with him. I was thinking about Brenden seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark, too (maybe a few more years). We need to get together sometime soon and have a Wii party! I think you and Anthony would get a big kick out of Brenden's 'Rabbids Go Home' game.

-Sandy

Anonymous Me said...

Scully managed to be a very interesting character, even playing the straight man to Mulder. Scully was cool.

I've been thinking lately that we need to get together again. A visit in one direction or the other is in order. I think it's our turn to drive. :-)

Lisa Erin said...

I thought Mulder and Scully played well off of one another. The series came really close to jumping the ol' shark when they started their romantic connection, but over all a decent show. I did dig Robert Patricks performance when he came in to replace Duchovny.

I haven't really had the opportunity to try and get into Fringe as it runs opposite Supernatural. Of the eps I have seen, the doctor seems to be the most interesting character.

Topcat said...

Hey, Lisa: The doctor is the best character. Total mad scientist.

Hey Nancy: You all are welcome any time!

-Sandy