Friday, October 02, 2009

Deep fried oreos!


Deep fried oreos!, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

No, I didn't eat one. Interesting concept, though.

By the way, what evil Safety Nazi made the movie theaters switch from coconut oil to vegetable oil to pop their popcorn? I bought some coconut oil and made some popcorn and the taste is 10 X improved! If I'm going to go to a movie in the theater and buy a $6 bag of popcorn, it better be tasty. Nowadays it tastes like styrofoam. If I owned some theaters, I would pop all popcorn in coconut oil and advertise the hell out of it.

We're going camping soon now that the monsoon season seems to be over. Brenden is totally psyched. We are borrowing a friend's boat so we can fish in Lake Guntersville. Brenden is doubly psyched about that. He told me we are going to "catch a fish, cut him up, cook him, and eat him. Yum!" (exact quote there).

The Evil Twins are home and losing their harbls and front claws hasn't slowed them down any. Yeah I feel a little bad about their claws (we didn't do that to Big Fat Kitty but he doesn't use his claws).

Fringe has returned, and I'm a little miffed that the first episode in the writers offed Olivia's partner, Charlie. In exchange the writers seem to be giving Agent Farnsworth more to do even though she's still Exposition Girl. Still I'm happy the mad scientist is back.

Dollhouse has returned as well and is in the ratings cellar (attic?) so here we go again.

2 comments:

Helly said...

I felt a little bad about declawing Finnovar (also only front claws) and in fact did not do it for the first few years of his life. I only decided it was necessary when I got Sprocket, for fear that - by accident or design - he would seriously hurt the little puppy, particularly with those bugged-out eyes. But when I witnessed the complete and utter insouciance with which he treated the loss, I not only lost any mixed feelings, but wondered that I didn't do it sooner.

Topcat said...

Hey Helly:

The Evil Twins only seemed a little disconcerted when they got home and immediately, as a pair, ran to the comfy chair and tried to shred the arms (more than they already are). Currently they are behaving as if nothing happened. I'm not feeling that bad anymore at all.