Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ruminating


Ruminating, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Now that my bulging disc is no longer bulging and am no longer taking pain meds / muscle relaxants, I was able to kick caffeine again. I haven't had any in 8 days.

Speaking of coffee, since I discovered that my headaches are migraines I have been paying attention to triggers. I had strongly suspected that low pressure systems are a trigger as I get migraines when it rains. I have pretty much confirmed it, and that low pressure system that sat and spun around the Southeast for a week or so just about tore me up. All hail Trexamet!

Brenden had a fever this past weekend, and now he has an ear infection. Poor little guy!

Jon B and I watched Monsters, inc a few nights back and Brenden, for once in his life, watched the whole movie beginning to end. The power of Pixar compels you.

Brenden has stopped watching Spongebob and now watches Noggin. I'm glad in one way because Noggin doesn't air commercials, but I'm sad because he wants to play 'Max and Ruby' with me (a boring show about bunnies) and it's not as fun as being Mr. Krabs to Brenden's Spongebob.

Jon, Brenden and I watched Coraline, which should have done better at the box office. I spent the movie wondering if it was CGI or stop-motion or a combination (according to iMDB it is predominantly stop-motion. WOW!). Either way the animation was wonderful. I also love just about any story of a girl where the plot doesn't involve her finding the figurative or literal Prince Charming. Brenden stayed for bits and pieces but was riveted near the end when the cat became an important part of the story.

Speaking of Brenden and cats, have I mentioned that if Brenden would have ever manhandled (that's a sexist term, now that I think of it) my cat Vasquez like he treats Mal and Jayne I would have screeched and punished him severely. As it is I look at them when they play together and think "Meh, they deserve one another".

TNT aired Doom, The Chronicles of Riddick, and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy a few Saturdays ago - all these movies have Karl Urban in them. It wasn't billed as "Karl Urban Night" but still, thanks, TNT! You forgot The Bourne Supremacy, however.

The first two movies I mentioned are not good movies, viewable only because of some eye candy. I have hope that Mr. Urban will be offered better roles because he received attention for playing Dr. McCoy in Star Trek, but his latest role will be as an (ugh) vampire. Fortunately it will be an Evil Bad Guy vampire, and I can hope he will be more like Severen from Near Dark as opposed to Edward, Lestat, or the innumerable other neurotic poofter undead that infest popular entertainment.

1 comment:

Helly said...

I loved Coraline - but you probably already knew that. I love just about anything Neil Gaiman anyway.