Friday, August 07, 2009

What Boykins do Best Part Dos


What Boykins do Best, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

My brother Ed and I 'talk' via IM pretty much every weekday. When we aren't bitching to each other about the pointy headed people that make our jobs miserable, we're gossiping. We do not gossip about our neighbors or about movie stars, but we do gossip about movies and TV. Here's a typical exchange:

Sandy says: NBC is remaking the rockford files
Ed says: Someone is doing a Gunsmoke movie
Sandy says: Eesh.
Ed says: and John Hughes died
Sandy says:Yar, I saw that
Ed says: yah. Probably revenge from Jay & Silent Bob
Sandy says: If Jim Rockford is not a middle-aged shlub who lives in a trailer in this 're-imagining' I'm gonna be pissed.
Ed says: yup
Sandy says: Also, if they don't have the answering machine before the credits I'll be REALLY pissed
Ed says: lol, I forgot about that
Sandy says: Man, that was the best part! I wonder if they'll re-do the theme or use something completely different. You know, if John Hughes is dead, I wonder how far off remakes of The Breakfast Club and Home Alone are
Ed says: Ferris Bueller, 16 Candles
Sandy says: Yar, those too. And one of my favorites, Some Kind of Wonderful
Ed says: Weird Science, Planes Trains and Autos, jeez
Sandy says: Yar, Pretty in Pink. The guy defined the 80's
Ed says: Yeah

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

My mom and I used to watch the Rockford Files together after school. I can't picture a remake. I miss John Hughes.