Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Kitty Update


IMG_2973, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I took Zoe Mal and Jayne to the vet yesterday where they received some vaccination shots, a de-worming pill (the vet said it was cheaper just to give them the meds instead of checking so I said go ahead), and a general checkup. They are both healthy, rambunctious kitties. They also have ear mites, a gift from their outdoorsy mom.

Because kitty ear mites are highly contagious, the vet recommended I put the prescribed ear drops in Big Fat Kitty's ears as well. Mal and Jayne took the drops in stride, but Big Fat Kitty was having NONE OF IT.

I'm glad I only know a smattering of cat language because I was cursed out pretty soundly by an angry 22 pound kitty cat. Jon helped so I eventually got the drops in his ears.

I have to repeat the process every 7 days for 4 weeks. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatr were the drops?? Milbemite?Advantage Multi or Revolution will clear that up also... both spot ons. You can do a 2 month course. I just went thru it when baby cat brought it home. I had to clean the ears of 12 cats... just because it is good to get the gunk out.

I have learned all sorts of cool stuff with showing cats... quite a few are vets.

Andrea