Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quality Time


Quality Time, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Of all things, I watched Airplane II last night. I laughed more from it's creaky lameness than I did the jokes (although I don't think I'll ever be over Macho Grande). It's also sad because of all the dead people in the cast: Raymond Burr, Chuck Connors, Lloyd Bridges, Richard Jaeckel, Sonny Bono, and John Vernon. I'm sure I missed some. But hell, the movie was made in 82. And of all things, it passes the Beschdel Test! Sheesh, if this stupid-assed movie can pass, everything else should.

Also:

Brenden and I had an earnest talk about my breast cancer last night. While he was sitting on the pot taking care of business, he pointed at my chest and said "Mama boo boo?"

To which I thought "Oh, great! The boy has 'boo-boo' and 'boobies' mixed up! Nice job of screwing up your son, there!"

But what I said was "mama had a boo-boo on her chest but it's all better now."

"Mama go doctor?"

"Yes, honey - I had a boo-boo but the doctor fixed it."

"Doctor fix boo boo."

Then all of a sudden he looked down and said "Poo poo yucky!" and that was the end of that conversation.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

That's a great anecdote. Very sweet, actually, but the ending keeps it from being sappy. :-)

June Cleaver speaking "Jive" will always be funny to me. Wow, she's still alive at 93.