Friday, October 24, 2008

Dad and B


Dad and B, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I mentioned last weekend Jon was out jumping off bridges. It was the annual Bridge Day at New River Gorge bridge in West Virginia. Jon told me this story this morning and I thought it was nifty.

Apparently there were a bunch of students and doctor types running around 'studying' the BASE jumpers (clue to you all: Bridge Day is pretty tame compared to some of the other places they jump). One doctor, for instance, was taking saliva and blood samples from certain jumpers before and after their jumps. Other people (sociology students, I would bet) were going around asking questions.

When Jon finished with one jump, as he was leaving the landing area, one of these quetioners asked him a bunch of things. When he asked Jon what he considered his proudest acheivement, the thing he was most proud of in the world, Jon said "my son".

The student then said, "Really?"

Jon replied, "Not a doubt in my mind."

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Awwww. Great answer, Jon.

Anonymous said...

The love of my life..