Friday, August 31, 2007

Under the Table


under the table, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I know what you're thinking: "Sheesh! Is she ever gonna update?"

Not much is happening. Brenden finally had his first speech lesson. We've been instructed not to respond to him unless he uses the correct words, like I need to stop responding to him when he calls me "da-da". That's going to make for a long weekend.

Is there anything else happening? Nah, not really. Have a great holiday weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Alan Bowman said...

My Dad can tell you a similar story about one of his cousins who wouldn't speak, only make grunting noises. The family took him to the Doctor, who could find nothing wrong with him physically or mentally. As they were leaving, the cousin made some grunting noises, and the mother immediately went to get him some water. Seeing this, the Doctor asked how she knew that was what he wanted. After a short discussion, the "cure" was similar to what they're asking you to do for B - only respond if he uses the right words. According to my Dad, his cousin was talking correctly in no time at all. Not being a Doctor, I have no clue as to how this will work with your little human dynamo, but it is a data point to consider.

Anonymous Me said...

I've heard that advice before, too, like with twin talk. I imagine it's easier said than done!