Wednesday, August 01, 2007


I has a cell phone!, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Brenden's finger is doing fine - he has a black fingernail, of course, but he's using it normally. The nail looks like it's still growing so that's a load off my mind.

We bought a new refrigerator and let me say right now I will never buy a Kenmore again. The old one's compressor went out, a couple of months after its 5 year warranty. Boo!

We discovered a new vocabulary word of Brenden's: "Boat!". It figures.

What we're watching:

While surfing around 2 weeks ago I caught a nifty little episode of 'Extreme Machines' about steam trains on the Discovery Channel. Brenden went absolutely bananas while we watched it and so far, I think I have had to watch it about 1,542 times. In desperation I bought him a DVD called 'The Alphabet Train' which is more kid oriented with a bunch of trains and have watched that about 5 times through with him. About the only way I can distract him from choo-choos is with some Spongebob, and Nickelodeon finally started showing some new ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

You know what would be AWESOME? Our families meet up in Chattanooga for a weekend at the Choo-Choo. You can actually stay in a train car that's been converted to a hotel room. And they've got that aquarium that Anthony so loves.

Alan Bowman said...

When Christopher was younger, probably 7 or 8 years old, he was very much into trains. My parents took him all over the Southeast and even out to the West to ride on old restored steam trains. There are a lot of people who like to ride those old steam trains. My Dad has a set on Flickr called Railroad Days with a lot of pictures from back then. So Brenden is in good company if he likes trains, especially steam trains.

Topcat said...

Nancy: Most awesome idea! I have emailed you.

Alan: VERY nifty photos! I will show them to Brenden this weekend. Thank you for the link!