Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rainbow


Rainbow, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.


I went to visit my doc yesterday and was prescribed a whole slew of meds including antibiotics, decongestant/expectorant, and Singulair for athsma/allergies. I'm also throwing ibuprofen on top of all that for the sore throat. Last night I had spectacular dreams which bled over into reality. I dreamt I had heard a loud bang, so I woke up and had to search the whole house before I went back into bed and discovered there had been no noise (Jon was wondering what the hell I had been doing).

On with the show:

Trip Report: May 4-5 Cinnamon Bay and Charlotte Amalie We saw a rainbow over St. Thomas when we woke up and I managed to snag a few pictures of it. We planned to go to the beach and it took forever to get ready. By the time we left the condo it was 9 am and Brenden was already a little cranky. We also discovered that we had left the battery charger for our new camera (Canon PowerShot SD900) back home. Jon and I debated a course of action and ended up deciding to go over to St. Thomas on the following day to find one. We didn't come all this way to snap only a few paltry photos.

We stopped in Cruz Bay to see if we could find a charger (no luck) and to buy Brenden a few cheapie beach toys. St. John Kids, right next to the passenger ferry dock, had some nice toys that fit the bill. We decided on Cinnamon Bay for our beach destination because it has shower facilities, plus it is my most favoritest place in the known universe.
Mom and Brenden at Cinnamon Bay



I watched el jefe at first while Jon went a snorkeling. He tested out the waterproof case for the camera and I tried to teach Brenden how to make a sand castle. I built them and he would go Godzilla on them. I took him out in the water a few times and he seemed far more interested in digging in the sand.

Millions of fishies



I went snorkeling too and kept getting foot cramps. I haven't been snorkeling / scuba diving since we went to Costa Rica 2 years and 8 months or so ago so I was a little out of practice. I didn't last long and went and played with B some more. Despite a powerful sun B and I managed to deter sunburn thanks to spf-rated rash guards and plenty o' sunscreen. Jon got some on his shoulders.

The rest of the day was unremarkable.

We took our time and left for the passenger ferry dock to catch the ferry into Charlotte Amalie at 11:15. Brenden was cranky, of course. Jon was carrying him around in our kiddie backpack but it was hot. I bought him a little hat which he wore occasionally.
charlotte amalie



shopping



In Charlotte Amalie we ate lunch at a restaraunt with AC. I don't remember the name but it was pretty expensive. Brenden got to sit by a window looking over the CA harbor. He decorated it with ketchup. Then we went shopping. We found a charger so we did some window-shopping and bought a few more toys for Brenden. He was allowed to walk a little and stopped for every puddle and fountain we came by. The boy is fascinated with water, particularly running water. I have to do battle with him every time I try to get him out of the bathtub.

On the ferry ride back he fell asleep, thank Neptune.
sleepybee

No comments: