Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Big B, little B, what begins with B?

Short butts- I mean bits

Last night Jon and I watched Super Size Me, an amusing/scary documentary about fast food. He didn't tell me anything I didn't know, except he went into explicit detail about why fast food is bad, mmmkay. But remind me, when it's time for my son to go to school, to investigate for myself what kind of crap they're feeding him. I remember what our high school served: starches, covered in starches, with a side of starch. And ketchup, which was our vegetable.

Brenden is 18 months old and was given several dozen Hotwheels as a gift. Yes, I let him play with them, under my supervision. Really the only danger they pose is for us adults. Hotwheel + slick floor = twisted ankles.

I'm losing weight again - I have been dieting since the end of October with mixed results. I am happy that I'm still on it despite the holidays and the abundance of free candy left over from Halloween at work. I now weigh 135, which means I am now taking off the weight that I gained just before I got pregnant. I have been exercising by walking and Jon and I have started back on weights. While one of us does our reps, the other one plays with/corrals/bribes Brenden.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

There's a picture for framing. Congratulations on exercising and losing weight - not that you needed to when I saw you last. Still, I wish I could say the same.

Have you read Fast Food Nation? Fascinating book. Fascinating like a multiple-car wreck.

Topcat said...

(In my best Diane Weist sarcastic voice:)That's one for my wallet!

Thanks, Nancy - I decided to get a leg-up on my new year's resolutions. So far, so good.

I've been wanting to read that one. I wish they had something like Netflix for books!