Monday, May 15, 2006

Waiting for Breakfast


Waiting for Breakfast
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
We're back from Oklahoma, where I had no internet access and watched far less TV than I normally do. We were going to take the Cessna, but bad weather forced us to drive. It's a ten-hour trip and Brenden was surprisingly good. He fussed some but he had no breakdowns.

Dad and Ilu's place is pretty much finished except some work in the kitchen. It is gorgeous, and the best part of the trip for me was sitting on the porch in the back yard and listening to the birds twitter. It was cold, which was a surprise.

Brenden had a great time when he discovered the dog's water bowl. He loved splashing it all over the place. When he got wet, I would strip him down to nothing and keep filling the bowl for him to splash. He actually tried to sit in it which promted us to buy him a little kiddie pool. The kid is part polar bear, I swear! He sat in that damn thing until he shivered but he loved being in the water. I'm thinking of buying him a little pool here for when I don't want to get wet.

Jon and I took dad's 4-wheelers up the side of a mountain (what passes for a mountain in Oklahoma that is). Scary but fun! I have to thank Dad and Ileana both for putting up with us, as well as Brenden's 2am crying sessions.

I owe a letter to Brenden, which I shall get to soon. I have a busy catch-up week.

No comments: