Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Dad and Son Day


son and dad 3
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
Yesterday Jon took care of Brenden while I worked. This time it went pretty smoothly because Jon knew to devote the entire day to Brenden, and to not even pretend to try to get any work done.

We had Hamburger Helper last night, only with deer meat. Doesn't that sound like a "You might be a redneck if.." joke that Jeff Foxworthy rejected? Actually we have a freezer full of deer meat. A friend had a banner year deer hunting, and he gave us a deer and all we had to do was pay for processing.

I know some people blanch at eating wild game, but I have a simple philosophy: "If it's dead it's groceries".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also have a freezer full of Alabama deer meat.

Deer can be good. Sometimes it's pretty bland, though.

I made deer meat-balls ("Bambi Balls") for a holiday party. They were pretty good. Some were ginger-mint and some were basil-bacon. I served a Bushmills-apricot dressing and also an alfredo sauce with them. Yummy. Let me know if you're interested in the recipe. I can give you something approximating it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the pictures. Holly, Luci and I enjoyed viewing them.

I'm thankful to see Joey, Jonathan, family and friends happy & healthy.

It's been too many years since I have seen my nephews together, hopefully someday we can get together.

I will show my mother the photos, when I visit her this summer.

Thanks again.
Love Uncle Paul, Holly & Luci