Monday, January 09, 2006

Plush Invasion


Plush invasion
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
Brenden laboriously sat up yesterday evening! Totally unassisted!!! And as I sat there in awe of his accomplishment, I realized he had no real concept of gravity. I hurriedly stuck a pillow behind him just as he toppled over. Life at Chez Maynard should be highly entertaining the next couple of weeks as he refines this skill.

My weight loss has resumed; I am at 155.8 as I type.

I got tagged to do the 5 wierd things about me meme by Helly. So here goes:

1) I am more in touch with my masculine side than with my feminine side. I always have been. Now while I insisted I didn't care what the sex of our baby would be, I admit I breathed easier when we found out he is a boy. I was worried about how to raise a girl because I was never into that girly-girl crap. I hate dresses and makeup, and I never had one fantasy about my wedding. Matter of fact, my fantasies resemble action movies more than historical romances.

2) I love fruit, but I hate it baked into anything. That's right, I don't like apple pies, peach cobbler, or strawberry ice cream although the fruits that go into these concotions are awesome. Pies should have chocolate or meat in them.

3) I can't smell shit. Literally. I can't smell anything at all, for that matter. It drives me nuts. I presume it's due to my allergies. I tend to spice up my food to the nth degree because of this problem.

4) Oh, no. I can't tell you that. It's too wierd.

5) Elevators make me nervous. I can't stand them and I'll take stairs any time it's possible. I have no idea why; I'm not claustrophobic.

No comments: