Friday, October 14, 2005

Hello


Hello
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
I should mention that we lost the services of Kristina, who got married and then needed a better paying job. Her last day with us was the day we went on vacation.

We got back on a Tuesday, and I went to work on Wednesday and Jon was going to watch B. After the third phone call (about 10 am) I hear Brenden crying in the background and my husband is having a panic attack.

I know all this sounds like some sexist stereotyping, but I'm *not* making this up.

I go home and we called around and found an in-home daycare center not too far off my path to work. This woman is great with kids (from what I have seen) and has only 3 others she takes care of. I feel bad, but on the other hand paradoxically I get more time with B because now I wake him up in the morning, get him dressed, and take a car ride with him.

In all fairness to Jon, when he and B went to the doc for B's 4 month checkup, they did just fine. Brenden even handled the shots like a trooper and cried only a little bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

I think being a stay at home parent is pretty much the hardest job there is. I hope the daycare works out well. Once you feel like you can trust the caregiver and you see that Brenden is fine, I'm sure it will be okay. Or you could persuade a grandparent or two to move in with you. :-)