Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Wow, I actually have a moment to blog again. First off, I'm not experiencing depression any more. How do I know? Jon said something that upset me the other day but instead of brooding on it until I burst into tears, I felt aggravated for about 2 minutes until something distracted me. It must have been a good six hours later before I remembered the incident. Surprised at my reaction (or lack thereof), I tried to force myself to dwell on the incident to see what would happen. What happened was I felt a gigantic wave of apathy for the whole thing and a strong desire to go play Sid Meier's Pirates.

So I'm really happy about that. Yes, I'm still on Zoloft. At the end of this month I'm going to see my psychiatrist and talk to her about weaning myself off of this stuff.

Jon had his first day of taking care of Brenden without any help. He tried to take B to a meeting at the airport, where B a) started howling and b)took a big dump. Jon managed to slide his finger into B's poop when checking the diaper, and also accidentally knocked over a bottle of formula while trying to change him. Then he tried to calm B down by feeding him with a new bottle but B was having none of that. Needless to say Jon had a rough time at the meeting. When I got home from work Jon had to take some serious medication, several beers, and a Butterfinger Blizzard to calm down. I realize that on the days where I take care of him myself, I'm not trying to really do anything else. It's tougher trying to do your job and take care of an infant at the same time.

Over the weekend we had another pool party and the two skydivers who just had a baby (Emma Cate) brough her with them. She's a cute but fussy baby. I was very amused that when she would start fussing B would screw up his face and cry too. I had to take him into his room while feeding him and sing "You are my Sunshine" about 100 times to keep him from starting up. Speaking of songs, jeez I haven't posted a top 10 post in forever!

Top 10 Songs I Sing (badly) to my Son



10: The Spongebob Squarepants Theme Duh. Especially when the show is on and we're watching.

9: Bad Boys Especially when Cops is on and we're watching. Which is unfortunately quite often.

8: Mack the Knife Bobby Darin style, of course. With Steve Martin hand movements.

7: What's New, Pussycat? I totally admit to singing that song to him so that I could put it in this list.

6: You are my Sunshine My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray...

5: Old MacDonald's Hey you knew there had to be cliches classics in here somewhere. Usually accompanied by his myriad of stuffed animals. Even the dinosaur and Cthulhu.

4: Good morning to you Actually, this is sung to the tune of 'Happy Birthday to You'. My mom used to sing it to me when waking me up. "Good morning to you, good morning to you. Good morning good morning, good morning to you."

3: Bizarre Love Triangle The world's only dance song that sounds good a capella. Although not when I sing it. Every time I see you fall I get down on my knees and pray....

2: Rock n' Roll all Night and party every day! Sung often while I'm feeding him and (of course) rocking in the comfy chair.

1: Surrender Cheap trick! Mommy's all right, daddy's all right, they just seem a little wierd...

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

It's nice to read a long post again, although I've been enjoying the baby pictures. I'm so glad to hear you're not depressed anymore. That's great news! You must feel like yourself again. Great song list. I sang a lot of Billy Joel to Anthony. Mainly cause I knew all the words to all the songs on several albums. Wish I'd thought of Surrender. :-)