Friday, June 17, 2005

You would think that someone who is at home all the time would have time to write in her blog. I blame Brenden, and I'm sticking to my story.

Speaking of the little fella, his willy is all healed from the circumcision and his umbilical cord fell off last night. Hooray! That means I can start torturing him with real baths!

Tuesday Ileana graciously volunteered to babysit while Jon and I went to a movie. It felt so good to get out of the house! I forgot what sunlight was. We saw Mr. And Mrs. Smith, which was okay. My biggest complaint was the big scene where they beat the crap out of each other and then shtupped: they cut the scene! Dammit, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer ep where Spike and Buffy did the same thing was *far* more entertaining and sexy! Sheesh. I wanna see Batman Begins, dammit! Maybe when Jon's mom comes for a visit.

Ileana left Wednesday morning, and Jon and I discovered how spoiled we got having her here. But we've adjusted pretty well now and thanks to tag-team newborn care, I actually got enough sleep last night. My mom came by Wednesday and Thursday and got to meet her grandson; she brought a bunch of old pictures for him (which I *need* to put into an album!). They include shots of me as a young girl. Maybe I'll get around to scanning them and putting them on Flickr.

Yesterday was Brenden's first excursion out of the house: Jon and I had dinner at Lisa's house (she was the one who helped us set up our registry and was 38 months pregnant at the time). Her baby is 4 months old (and cute as a button but not as cute as ours). Brenden handled it pretty well with only a little fussing.

Tonight will be an interesting test: Brenden and I will be alone for the night. I think we can handle it. I'm learning to sleep and ignore all the little sounds he makes and only wake up for the fussy moments before he starts a good wail. I'll give Brenden his due: he warns you well before he lets go with the howling.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

It's amazing you have time to blog, but keep it up! I love reading about your new life as a mom. Brenden is so perfect-looking - I love the shape of his head. And with the hairstyle, he really is a mini-Jon right now!