Monday, June 20, 2005

Brenden is two weeks old today, and he had his first pediatrician visit. In short, she said: "keep doing what you're doing". Well okay then.

He has gained 9 ounces since birth. I think he lost three of them after that big poop he took shortly after being weighed.

Jon's sinus infection is back; he's on many meds. That didn't stop him from fixing the washing machine today although he has no idea how he fixed it.

I was exhausted by the end of Sunday. I don't know how people raise kids with no help. I am glad to note that I never get angry or impatient with Brenden, but there have been many times all ready where I have snotted up his onesie because I'm crying as hard as he is. Then Jon came home from the dz and I got to sleep a whole 5 hours in a row! What decadent luxury.

All the books say spend time talking and playing with your kid, even if he's just a newborn. I'm trying, although at night Brenden and I watch a lot of TV. I am just so zoned that's all I can muster. We have become big "Seinfeld" watchers because for some reason TiVo has obsessed in recording as many eps as it can hold of that sitcom.

As you can see, not much to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

I'm in awe of single mothers who raise their kids without help. I've had so much help with Mark and Mom that it isn't fair, and still, at times, it's been hard. I've given up any notion I ever had of not corrupting my child's mind with television. It's a part of our lives and a part of his. My best memory of maternity leave was watching two hours of The West Wing on Bravo every single day, and one more again at night.

Helly said...

Two words, people: duct tape.