Thursday, March 24, 2005

Spring is sprung
The grass is ris
I wonder where the flowers is?


The three hour glucose screening goes like this:
First you have to fast for at least 8 hours. I fasted for about 14. Once you go into the doc's office, they test your blood sugar to make sure it's below 100. 100 what I forget. Then they make you gulp down this sickly sweet drink that tastes like flat Orange Crush.

Then every hour for three hours they test your blood sugar. My initial reading was 97, then 126, 124, and 89. I have no idea why my numbers were so whacked out the first test. I followed their instructions to the letter (in the initial test the doc wants to see a number around 300; mine came in at 780).

I'm still going to try to be more concientious about what I eat, but still that Sprite I had for dinner was mighty tasty.

This is the first season of 24 I have watched while the season was ongoing. Don't worry; Nancy. I'll avoid spoilers. All I can say is so far, this season is closest to matching the first season as the most exciting. At first I was missing some characters, but they're back on now. Dang it, but [bleep] and [bleep] are hot together!

Jon and I are still watching American Idol. I'm still rooting for my homeboy, Bo. I think the final 4 are going to be Bo, Constantine, Carrie, and Anwar. I have a feeling Mikaylah (sp?) will be the next to leave.

Jon and I had another counseling session yesterday. I thought it went well. The counselor is good at getting through circuitous talk and making us say exactly what we mean. I was really surprised at what she pulled out of Jon, which I won't go into. Let's just say now it's obvious to me that's what he wanted, looking back at past actions and conversations, but it never occured to me that's what he wanted. Sheesh!

Vague political post of the month: Here. For the most part I don't really care about this activity, but there is one brief paragraph in here that made me blink a few times. A flat Orange Crush to the first person to correctly spot it.

Fun with phonemes: we have decided we like Brendan (still subject to change). Jon, though, brought up the issue of spelling. He thinks it should be spelled "BrendEn", and I said more often than not it's spelled "BrendAn". But he said it's pronounced "BrendEn", which it's not, it's pronounced "Brenduhn" with a schwa. Many unstressed vowels in the English language are really schwas (upside-down e's).

I didn't tell Jon that - but I did tell him that since my name has a 'j' sound in it, why isn't it spelled 'Sanjra'? He had a fit, insisting it doesn't. I was amused, but kept my linguistics lecture to a minimum. And actually, it should be spelled 'Sandzhruh' which is just stupid. Brenden it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Akono, who is from Cambodia and is married to a British man, plans to go on a hunger strike from April 14 in protest against the continuing war on terror.

“I want to do everything I can to make sure my child has a secure future,” said the pregnant activist.


Did I get it? If so, you can keep the flat orange crush...

That one made -me- blink.

Of course, I liked this typo, too:
"Turkey, a key Washington’s alley..."

Many congrats on the good test results!

:-) L