Monday, February 21, 2005

Week 24:

I am starting to waddle and the kid is moving around a lot. The baby books say I'll need to start keeping track of his movements soon because the lack of movement can be a sign of 'fetal distress'.

Is it my imagination, or is everything out there about pregnancy and childbirth designed to make an expectant mom feel guilty? I pass a billboard on highway 31 between Hartselle and Decatur that says "Children were born to be breastfed". I told Jon about this nice message and he read me the riot act, telling me not to try to live up to other people's expectations. I love my husband for moments like this.

I have another ob/gyn monthly appointment where I'll get to meet the last of the doctors in the group. This doc is the only woman doc on staff. I still hope I get my original doc when the moment of truth arrives. I'm just most comfortable with him and Jon likes him too. Jon wasn't impressed with the other doc he met and neither was I.

I'll also be scheduling the 26 week 4D ultrasound. I know we already had one, but I can't get enough of looking at the little fella.

The weekend went fine; I had a bad sinus headache Sunday so I took sudafed (which is 'allowed') and it knocked me out. I woke up around 1 and Jon was fighting with Big Fat Kitty for mattress space. So I picked the cat up and put him outside the bedroom and shut the door on him. I don't think he was happy about it because when I got up this morning he meowed my ears off. I think he was offended.

Oh! New review or two. I have to agree with my editor: the Ray review was kind of disjointed. I think I rushed it. On the other hand, it should be painfully obvious I'm more comfortable voicing an opinion on genre movies.

No comments: