Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine's Day seems to be the most despised non-holiday out there. Personally, it doesn't bother me, even when I didn't have anyone.

The trick, I think, is to not go hog-wild. For instance, I got my squeeze 2 cards(one from our cats), some candy (dark chocolate, which he adores), and a little stuffed tiger that growls and vibrates when you pull its string.

My honey got me a card and some pretty flowers. All told I think I spent $20 total. See? Nothing insane, just a few hokey (and very appreciated) "I'm thinking of you" things.

Instead of going out to dinner, I made General Cho's chicken, which is Jon's favorite. We watched "Spider-Man II", a nice romantic film for the evening. No, I'm not kidding. Jon had a rough day yesterday (business related) so he made himself some tasty frozen alcoholic beverages and got hammered. We tried to watch "24" after the movie, but Jon fell asleep so we'll watch it tonight I suspect.

I woke up Jon this morning by putting the stuffed tiger on his face and pulling the string. Jon was more amused than I thought he'd be.

We have figured out our weight training set conundrum. Currently it resides in the room earmarked for Mini-Jon. We will be moving it (or rather, he'll be moving it) to the dining room. Or table and chairs will probably be relegated to the room upstairs (the only room upstairs) which holds all of our leftover furniture.

My dad and his wife, Ileana, just bought us a BUTT-LOAD of furniture for the baby's room (thank you so much!) so we will need to make room as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Will you please send your contact information to me at gmail?