Monday, November 15, 2004

Week 11

A note: This is the end of week 11, not the beginning. I have 2 more weeks to go before I enter the 2nd trimester. Then, according to all the books, I'll start growing in leaps and bounds. Hoo boy.

Nothing new to report in the symptom department. This weekend was tough because I worked both Saturday and Sunday at my real job to make up the day I'm going to lose Thursday when I go to court. I also did part of a Ground school on Saturday so rest time was difficult to come by.

I did have one scare last week which I will refrain from describing due to the readers who have more delicate dispositions. Let's just say I overreacted to an incident which I felt for sure was a sign of miscarriage. Sheesh. Did I mention the next 7 months are going to be loooooooong?

As the Prop Turns: The woman I feared was paying too much attention to my husband seems to be getting involved with another skydiver. This other skydiver is a friend and a nice guy; he married and divorced a raging evil banshee not so long ago so I hope he's over that. Both of them could use a break in the dating department. Of course this turn of events is a relief to me; it also makes me feel even more embarrassed by all the irrational shit I put her through.

In other dz news, we had a party Saturday night. Drunk people are obnoxious. Funny how I didn't notice this before. Jon seemed more worried about people doing stupid things than being able to relax and enjoy himself. I don't think it will be as much fun to run our drop zone as we get busier and we see more strangers. As it was the worst incident was an out of towner fell and cut her hand pretty good on a beer bottle. She received 5 stitches. A bunch of them went to the local skating rink and got kicked out 5 minutes later. What is it about skydiving that makes people act like they are 6 years old?

Big Fat Kitty loves MacDonald's french fries. This might be one of the reasons why he's Big Fat Kitty.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

1. Ooh, sorry about the scare. Glad it turned out to be nothing.

2. It was NOT irrational shit. Your response was appropriate based on what you'd been told by your husband. And great news that her interests have been diverted!

3. "What is it about skydiving that makes people act like they are 6 years old?" I know, I know! A whole lotta booze?