Friday, July 23, 2004

I was dog-tired yesterday. I've always wondered about that saying. Most dogs I know never get tired. Cats, however... So anyways I was cat-tired yesterday and didn't feel like writing. It was a combination of things - I'm back on a ketogenic diet and it can take a few days of tiredness before your brain adjusts to the ketones. I'm also hitting the gym pretty hard, plus I'm using ephedrine, which can cause sleeplessness.

I will bore everyone to tears by logging my diet; I'll try to refrain from manic-obsessive detail but don't count on it. First off I'm keeping my calories around or below 1,000 a day. Second, I'm taking an E/C stack (Ephedrine and Caffeine). Third - weightlifting. Jon and I have slacked a bit at the gym lately and this week was the first week we went all 3 days.

I'm also running again and I found a bizarre side-effect: I can smell again! And boy do I smell. The liquid soap I bought for the shower is just plain disgusting. Wheeew! The tropical coconut moisturizing body lotion I use at work still smells great, so I'm not smelling things wrong (which happened to me once). My car smells like stale ass. I need to attack it with some Febreeze.

Anyways, I have just gotten started; I have stuck with it a whole 3 days. Well, only 2 if you count the lasagna I had tuesday night. No matter what I do, the real key to this round of self-punishment will be to avoid beer. Which will be impossible when Jon and I go to the World Freefall Convention the first week in August. I'll try to refrain until then.

So: here are my beginning stats (beginning today, not Tuesday): Weight: 141.2 Temp: 98.0

Why temp? It's about the only affordable way to gauge whether or not your metabolism is slowing down. I'll post tape measurements (if I dare to) later on in the proceedings.

Starting Monday, I'm going to try something different diet-wise. I don't want to go into detail yet; I haven't completely made up my mind on it.

In other non-news: Jon and I watched Starsky & Hutch. It was okay. Some funny moments, but mainly it was lame. I like Stiller and Wilson, even if they continually play the same characters, but they didn't match the level of wierdness they reached with Zoolander. Will Ferrell's bit was the funniest. Did not like Snoop Doggy Dogg as Huggy Bear. Excuse me, that last sentence is making me laugh. Mr. Dogg is just not as cool as Antonio Vargas was. Or so my memory insists. It's always nice to see Fred Williamson get some work.

Plot: what plot? Mismatched buddy cop film. Okay?

The most lame part of this movie was the freaking soundtrack. I had listed here a long time ago my 10 most hated songs. I had mercifully forgotten one evil song that this movie insisted on resurrecting: Afternoon Delight. Monstrous bastards. It almost makes me long for Safety Dance.

2 comments:

Helly said...

You mean you haven't bought the soundtrack yet?!? You know I --
CAN'T SMILE without you, I can't SMILE without you, I CAN'T laugh and I CAN'T sing, I'm finding it HARD to do anyTHING, you know I...

Topcat said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

As this blog finally lives up to its name.