Friday, June 11, 2004

Whoa, must be really bored today, because I'm going to talk about politics. Bolt now, if you are so inclined.

I have decided it's not liberals who bother me, nor conservatives. It's the hate mongers on both sides. I have arrived at the conclusion that all hate is the same, why you hate is a matter of semantics. This motto sums up the politics of hate: "Shut up, or I'll kill you!"

It's easy to demonize people. If they are monsters, they are safe to hate. That's why Nazi is thrown around in newsgroups with such royal abandon; Hitler being the apotheosis of demonic humans. The trouble is most humans, and I mean the vast majority of us, are not demons and we have reasons for believing and thinking what we do; even if those reasons are based on ignorance and/or faulty logic.

Actually in regard to Hitler this word was a funny choice:

apotheosis
SYLLABICATION: a·poth·e·o·sis
NOUN: Inflected forms: pl. a·poth·e·o·ses (-sz)
1. Exaltation to divine rank or stature; deification.
2. Elevation to a preeminent or transcendent position; glorification: “Many observers have tried to attribute Warhol's current apotheosis to the subversive power of artistic vision” (Michiko Kakutani, New York Times Magazine November 17, 1996).
3. An exalted or glorified example: Their leader was the apotheosis of courage.
ETYMOLOGY: Late Latin apothesis, from Greek, from apotheoun, to deify : apo-, change; see apo– + theos, god;


But fitting, I say.

Excuse me, but I'm going to go blast some flesh-eating zombies, now.

No comments: