Monday, June 14, 2004

This weekend was a repeat of last weekend. Hell, I even landed in the same field as the weekend before when an AFF student decided he was going to pull lower than normal.

I did have 2 students in ground school; a daughter and her father. It was her 18th birthday. He did good; she did great. She had a bunch of relatives call her and try and talk her out of it. Glad she didn't take their advice. She was scared, but once she got out the door she had a blast.

Sunday was rainy, so I read at home. I plowed through The Rise of Endymion, the last book in the Hyperion saga. Good stuff. If I have one complaint it is that Simmons spends too much damn time writing about scenery. After a while I start blah blahing through it to get through to the action. And the last book has a lot of speeches to explain everything that has been going on. But still I have about 50 pages to go and I hope I can finish it during lunch.

When I emailed around for information on how to take over the world, Hitler, Stalin, Blofeld, and Senator Palpatine all replied with this link: Here.

It have given me a lot of super ideas. The one that drives me nuts is what am I going to do with the world once I have taken over and am the Supreme High Chancellor God of Everything I Survey?

Top 10 things I would do if I ran the world



10: Fire all the government workers. Hire only male models with I.Q.'s below 90. I'm not prejudiced; I don't care if they're gay or not. I just want them to be pretty and stupid. They'll be just as ineffective, but at least the scenery will improve.

9: My standing bodyguard would be all male models with I.Q.'s above 90. All 3 of them.

8: Full frontal male nudity will be allowed on network television. Oh, all right, female as well. What the hell, full blown hardcore pr0n! w00t!

7: Move the Capitol of the world to St. John in the Virgin Islands and make it my pleasure dome/lair/hideout. Feed the occasional secret agent who tries to stop my nefarious plans to the barracudas, stray chickens, and feral donkeys. Everyone in the Virgin Islands will be moved to Florida. Everyone in Florida will be moved to Wisconsin; everyone in Wisconsin will be moved to San Fransisco, and everyone in San Fransisco will be moved to Israel. All Israelis will be moved to Utah, where they will just have to get along with the Mormons because I can't think of anywhere I want to put them.

6: Serve beer in high school not that you would be required to attend. I bet attendance would improve somewhat, though.

5: Eliminate Region Coding on DVDs. Tell Europe to rewire to 120 V and switch to NTSC or else. And drive on the RIGHT! Oh, ok in deference to fairness, all Americans must forevermore refer to cookies as 'biscuits' and elevators as 'lifts'.

4: Issue a standing order that anybody who directs a movie with 'shaky cam' scenes in it will be shot on sight. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Michael Bay.

3: All taxes will be eliminated but you must pay tribute to the Holy Temples I'll have built everywhere. Pay what you think is appropriate; six-packs accepted. Unless it's in cans. That will get you burned at the stake. Incidentally, the temples will not be built to me, they will be built to Charlton Heston. Because he's one of *my* personal gods, that's why. His statues will have him in full Moses mode, in deference to my western religious upbringing. Just be grateful I'm not having you bow down to Bill Paxton.

2: All Reality Shows will be banned. I'm halfway tempted to ban all shows about cops, lawyers, and doctors, but I do realize I can't make the world perfect. I will declare a moratorium on amnesia and evil twin plots, though. Joss Whedon, since he's the only one in recent memory who managed to write GOOD evil twin/amnesia teleplays, will be my secretary of state.

1: Establish a Her Royal Highness Shakespeare Company. I know you're thinking my reason for this is peurile, but it's really my plan to prevent any good British actors from being cast as James Bond. Now that I think of it, there is all ready a plot to keep that from happening.

No comments: