Friday, April 02, 2004

Quick note similar to yesterday: Georgia Skydive ads.

Go to Monroe, Rome, or Thomaston in Georgia for tandem skydiving. I don't much like the advertising practices of Cedartown. I'm not saying they aren't safe. I severely detest them implying that other dropzones (including mine) are not safe. We follow the same damn rules as they; I used to *work* at their dz and know they don't have anything in place to make their skydiving a safer experience than anywhere else in the known universe. And I don't care *what* their site says: people have gotten injured at their drop zone. It happens because it's skydiving. And it's not hearsay: I worked manifest there for a while and I'm the one who had to call 911 when someone busted a limb. This goes for experienced skydivers, AFF students, and tandem students.

Why the *hell* is my blog attracting ads for the only 2 dropzones on the face of the planet I have problems with? Guess I ought to shell out the money to pay for my own bandwidth. That will stop that. And then maybe I can post pictures.

In the meantime here's a link to a rather spiffy Alabama drop zone, if I do say so myself: ---------------->

No comments: