Monday, March 29, 2004

What a weekend. We had for the first time this year two perfect days at the drop zone. In total I think we flew 22 loads which is great. Of course, some work has to be done on our King Air's right engine fuel pump now; so much for building that nest egg.

I did 8 jumps; 2 AFF and 6 fun jumps. I need to get on the ball if I want 1,000 jumps before May 17 (43 jumps to go). Many of our younger jumpers (younger in jump numbers, not age) are expressing an interest in formation skydiving so I'm thinking I better have a formation workshop soon. I see them getting in groups that are too big and / or trying out formations that are too difficult for their skill level and it discourages them.

Here is my random link of the week. Mike Rogers is an American who moved to Japan. His mother is Japanese; he has pretty much adopted her native country. His articles are amusing, and sometimes scathing, anecdotes about his adopted country and the one he left behind.

I will warn you that LewRockwell.com is a libertarian site. Many of the contributors are Christian libertarian, which can make anybody's bowtie spin. If you peruse it, just remember these guys won't support any legislation that would outlaw something you like to do because they severely dislike government on general principles.

And as much as I dislike politics, here are 10 random political thoughts:

1: That Kerry guy... what do you stand for?
2: That Bush guy... I am very glad that meatpacker Hussein is behind bars. I still don't follow the connection between him and Al-Qaida, though.
3: Astronaut vs. caveman = definitely the caveman would win in a stand-up fight, but the one astronaut I know isn't stupid enough to stand around and let a caveman bash his head in.
4: I'd like to smoke pot for my own enjoyment. Too bad it's darn illegal. Pass me a beer, wouldya? Sometimes I think I should smoke on general principles but my athsma wouldn't handle it too well.
5: Why do people care about the money other people make? Someone is enviously looking at your pockets as I type.
6: The Free State Project chose New Hampshire. It's COLD up there!
7: Any political/social system that does not take human nature into account is doomed to failure. That includes my beloved libertarianism, which is why I vote and support a limited government. I *do* feel like I'm paying tribute to the moral equivalent of Tony Soprano, however.
8: I'm glad I don't live in Georgia any more, because I would feel morally obligated to get my clitoris pierced. Owie.
9: Which is hypocritical of me because I *do* live in Alabamastan where a vibrator is illegal. Maybe if I leer at the zucchini at the local Farmer's market I can get busted by the cops.
10: I think I'm beginning to understand why flesh-eating zombies and cannibals fascinate and frighten me so much.

And here's another amusing tid bit: I had a sexually explicit dream last night featuring Spider-Man and Batman. My brain likes to torment me for its own amusement.

No comments: