Thursday, March 18, 2004

Quick note for today:

I think I found a way around the cravings which did hit me hard yesterday. I was able to stay below maintenence calorie-wise, but just barely.

Anyway, the way around: an ECA stack.

ECA stacks are ephedra (or ephedrine), caffeine, and asprin. This 'stack' of chemicals is supposed to be thermogenic; in other words it's supposed to ramp up your metabolism.

I know what you are saying: "Wait a minute - ephedra. Wasn't that banned?" Yep. Ephedra is the herbal variety. Ephedrine is not banned and easily available over the counter in athsma medications.

Most pre-made ECA stacks are no longer available, but I can whip up a homemade one with 2 Primatene tablets, 2 cups of coffee, and half an adult asprin.

Since I have moderate athsma, Ephedrine and I go back a long ways so I don't think the side effects will bother me that much. I also plan not to OVERDOSE, like that idiot baseball player that had heart problems.

By the way, it's not the thermogenic effects that interest me - it's the appetite suppresant effects.

No comments: